How can I get her back?

My girl and I broke up about a month ago after dating for a short period. I think I want to get back together with her but I'm not sure how to go about it. Things did not end in a nasty way they just ended. She was texting me every few days but has stopped all together now. I had not been responding to her texts because I wanted to figure out what I wanted. Her friends asked me why I had been ignoring her and I told them I just needed some time to figure things out. Her friend told me that she will not text me now because she thinks I am mad at her and is afraid I won't respond if she does try to contact me. She is seeing someone new now, which is fine, but I need to get this new guy out of her life and get myself back into her life. How do I get rid of the new guy? How do I get my girl back? Should I just call or text? Should I take her on a date? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's great that you finally realized what you wanted, but I don't think it's fair that you can put her through that and just now decide that it's her you want.

I think you need to respect her and her wishes and let her pursue this guy. Not only is it out of respect for her, but it will help you two in the long run. By letting her be with this guy, you will not have to worry about him coming into the picture in the future and you can actually get to know her this time.

Until then, become friends with her. Reenter her life because you truly want to- not because you want her now but are still unsure as to what kind of commitment you want with her. Get to know her as a friend, find out what it is that makes her so different from other girls.

If it's truly meant to be, it will happen. But for now, you need to respect her and her current life. I know it's hard to realize that your no longer hers, but at least this helped you realize how special she really is.

• There is no other guy, these are dudes that are regulars at the resturant she works at.

What Girls Said 4

• I would text her, and ask if you guys could hang out and talk. To see where you twos feelings are at, because it seemed to me she wanted to talk to you and maybe wants to get you back too and by you not responding she thought you didn't. so I would just talk to her and see how it goes...

good luck =)

• First, you have to call her before you take her on a date.

Second, when you call ask her to meet up somewhere public but also private to talk, explain that you made a mistake and that you want her back. Be sincere and don't make promises you can't keep. If she says yes then great, if not then try and remain friends with her.

• You really confused her sorta thing, and it seems like she has moved on. I would just text her and build up your friendship, and if things with her new boyfriend don't work, then move in.

• I would call her ask if you can meet up and then when you meet up with her telll her what you think you did wrong and tell her the truth

What Guys Said 3

• buddy Do Not call her or text her. Do Not listen to the advice of 5 girls who responded to your questions. She still has feelings for you because she kept in touch and contacted you. Do not be friends with her. You are doing everything right so far. Continue to ignore her. She even has her friend passing on messages to you. So youve got her right where you want. The key my friend, is to "walk away" Show that you don't care. And truly don't give a sh*t. Get your own chick. Date a girl or 2 and start having some serious fun. Be the man. If you see her, greet her, be friendly and brief then move on. If you play your cards right and act cool about this, you will easily get her back.

When she comes back, don't take her back immediately. Tell her you aren't prepared to break up with other chick so its an open thing (not exclusive). Dude, if you do this right, this chick will be putty in your hands.

• Relationships come and go. I just wait for the relationship to fall apart and then I make a move. Do that.

• I should also point out that she says its crazy for me to want her back so quickly.