How do you make yourself stronger when you feel weak?

How do you manage to make yourself emotionally and mentally stronger when you're weak. Please share. Thank you

1436

Most Helpful Guys

• So many people giving you advice, telling you what to do... the thing is you have all the answers to your own sense of peace and satisfaction, you just can't see it right now. And you likely won't for a while, you need space to find yourself. You're in pain. I can see it so clearly. That's the first thing to look at, you have to acknowledge it.

Alright first of all, please, please, please, forgive yourself, and work as hard as you can towards accepting the pain you feel. You are NOT weak. Feeling hurt isn't weakness. You're 27. You've made it this far. You're not weak. EVEN if you don't feel strong, that's okay, but you really need to see that calling yourself weak is like attacking yourself. To get through this, you need to become an ally to yourself. Your best chance is to start accepting yourself. Stop blaming, allow yourself to let go, just, give yourself a break.

This may be the hardest thing you ever come through, and I know it probably feels monumental. You will come through it. Every day. One day at a time. Part of accepting that you're in pain is allowing yourself to cry. Allow yourself to feel hurt. Stop denying it, and stop blaming yourself and telling yourself you're weak. It's completely normal and healthy to feel how you do right now, a break-up is like a loss, very similar to a death, you can't just get over it, you move with it and learn to live with it. I know it feels harder, but I promise you I know what this is like, and the quicker way to get over it is actually to embrace the pain and allow it to wash over you when it comes, because it's necessary to feel pain sometimes, it's part of the human experience. If you watch the film Inside Out, that movie captures the point brilliantly.

The irony is by facing and accepting your pain, you ARE being strong. It's just not about strength and weakness, but acceptance and healing.

My own experience and advice would fall on one thing that I feel really is essential logically and emotionally and helped pulled me through my breakup. Your heart feels broken, it feels empty right now, doesn't it? Think about it. It is a little more empty than it should be. Love is making space. In your life, but emotionally, in your heart. We make that infinitely special little space in our heart, by pouring out all our love, into the heart of another. Loving another is willing sacrifice, and it's reducing the love in your heart for yourself. So, with the space you create by pouring all that love into another person's heart, if you're both in love, they pour their love back into the space you've made. So what happens when you break-up? There's a space there, where they existed, where the love you felt from them once was, and where the love you felt for yourself used to be. That's why you feel bad and why you're blaming yourself, you need that love for YOURSELF, to make your heart whole again.
    It won't come back on its own. You need to do things, every day, to love you. Be with friends, do nice/fun things

• Look after you. Love YOU. And do things you really like and enjoy, try your best to treat yourself. You're worth it. You will get through this :). I promise you. Just take it 1 day at a time, and fill those days with as much good as you can. Don't be afraid to cry, and it's normal to have days that are far, FAR worse than others. But that will lessen over time too.

One simple way to get out of our own heads, if you want a break from it all, is to go help someone or listen to someone who needs it. You're not ready for that yet, but it can help when you are in that place.

I'll be wishing the absolute best for you, I'm hoping in the strongest way for you, but the fact you reached out here tells me you're going to come through this, I can see it in you and I have complete faith in the strength you DO have, because talking, telling, asking, it all takes immense strength. You're going to feel better again. Hand on heart, I promise

• Thank you SO much. It really really helped :)

• I'm glad to hear that ๐Ÿ˜Š. Stay safe, and if you need to reach out, you can reach out to me if you'd like, I'll always be friendly

• Accept yourself and everything about yourself.
    Stop caring what other's world think/say.
    Stop comparing yourself to others or others to you.
    Stop battering yourself in your mind.

Think positive things about yourself, how you see yourself, how you think others sees you no matter how it really are.
    Do this every morning when you wake up from now on and believe it.

Most Helpful Girls

• I surround myself with friends and family whom I know are supportive. I read (reading "The Art of Being Fully Human by Leo Buscaglia) and listen to inspirational people (I love Will Smith), I LOVE motivational speeches and TED talks. I also like to write down inspirational quotes/saying/verses and place them where I can read them. I also learn to prioritize what matters/what needs to be done and start doing then checking off what I've accomplished. Last I eat right and have been telling myself that though I don't have a normal schedule (I balance work (i work at a hospital), school, and social/family time) - I squeeze in naps and sleep when I can as I deserve rest.