How do you make yourself stronger when you feel weak?

How do you manage to make yourself emotionally and mentally stronger when you're weak. Please share. Thank you

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• So many people giving you advice, telling you what to do... the thing is you have all the answers to your own sense of peace and satisfaction, you just can't see it right now. And you likely won't for a while, you need space to find yourself. You're in pain. I can see it so clearly. That's the first thing to look at, you have to acknowledge it.

Alright first of all, please, please, please, forgive yourself, and work as hard as you can towards accepting the pain you feel. You are NOT weak. Feeling hurt isn't weakness. You're 27. You've made it this far. You're not weak. EVEN if you don't feel strong, that's okay, but you really need to see that calling yourself weak is like attacking yourself. To get through this, you need to become an ally to yourself. Your best chance is to start accepting yourself. Stop blaming, allow yourself to let go, just, give yourself a break.

This may be the hardest thing you ever come through, and I know it probably feels monumental. You will come through it. Every day. One day at a time. Part of accepting that you're in pain is allowing yourself to cry. Allow yourself to feel hurt. Stop denying it, and stop blaming yourself and telling yourself you're weak. It's completely normal and healthy to feel how you do right now, a break-up is like a loss, very similar to a death, you can't just get over it, you move with it and learn to live with it. I know it feels harder, but I promise you I know what this is like, and the quicker way to get over it is actually to embrace the pain and allow it to wash over you when it comes, because it's necessary to feel pain sometimes, it's part of the human experience. If you watch the film Inside Out, that movie captures the point brilliantly.

The irony is by facing and accepting your pain, you ARE being strong. It's just not about strength and weakness, but acceptance and healing.

My own experience and advice would fall on one thing that I feel really is essential logically and emotionally and helped pulled me through my breakup. Your heart feels broken, it feels empty right now, doesn't it? Think about it. It is a little more empty than it should be. Love is making space. In your life, but emotionally, in your heart. We make that infinitely special little space in our heart, by pouring out all our love, into the heart of another. Loving another is willing sacrifice, and it's reducing the love in your heart for yourself. So, with the space you create by pouring all that love into another person's heart, if you're both in love, they pour their love back into the space you've made. So what happens when you break-up? There's a space there, where they existed, where the love you felt from them once was, and where the love you felt for yourself used to be. That's why you feel bad and why you're blaming yourself, you need that love for YOURSELF, to make your heart whole again.
    It won't come back on its own. You need to do things, every day, to love you. Be with friends, do nice/fun things

1|1
    0|0
    • Look after you. Love YOU. And do things you really like and enjoy, try your best to treat yourself. You're worth it. You will get through this :). I promise you. Just take it 1 day at a time, and fill those days with as much good as you can. Don't be afraid to cry, and it's normal to have days that are far, FAR worse than others. But that will lessen over time too.

One simple way to get out of our own heads, if you want a break from it all, is to go help someone or listen to someone who needs it. You're not ready for that yet, but it can help when you are in that place.

I'll be wishing the absolute best for you, I'm hoping in the strongest way for you, but the fact you reached out here tells me you're going to come through this, I can see it in you and I have complete faith in the strength you DO have, because talking, telling, asking, it all takes immense strength. You're going to feel better again. Hand on heart, I promise

• Thank you SO much. It really really helped :)

• I'm glad to hear that ๐Ÿ˜Š. Stay safe, and if you need to reach out, you can reach out to me if you'd like, I'll always be friendly

• Accept yourself and everything about yourself.
    Stop caring what other's world think/say.
    Stop comparing yourself to others or others to you.
    Stop battering yourself in your mind.

Think positive things about yourself, how you see yourself, how you think others sees you no matter how it really are.
    Do this every morning when you wake up from now on and believe it.

3|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I surround myself with friends and family whom I know are supportive. I read (reading "The Art of Being Fully Human by Leo Buscaglia) and listen to inspirational people (I love Will Smith), I LOVE motivational speeches and TED talks. I also like to write down inspirational quotes/saying/verses and place them where I can read them. I also learn to prioritize what matters/what needs to be done and start doing then checking off what I've accomplished. Last I eat right and have been telling myself that though I don't have a normal schedule (I balance work (i work at a hospital), school, and social/family time) - I squeeze in naps and sleep when I can as I deserve rest.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've always been very emotionally and mentally strong, but in my last relationship where the arguments would go on for hours and hours (she would keep me up all night to argue and never let anything go, and if I tried to leave the situation she would either never leave me alone or get my family to talk me into getting back into the argument and "talk it out") it really wore on my patience and natural stoicism. sense there was no retreating from the situation (my normal solution) i would get angry, more angry than I think i could be in any other situation (which she would promptly make me feel bad for doing even though I already regretted it) but i can never stay angry long so after that I was broken, and felt so weak and wanted out so bad that I would break up with her just to be able to get out (which she guilted me into getting back together by threatening suicide and harming herself.) Then though I started reconnecting with my close friends (which she previously made me lose contact with because she didn't trust me not to cheat on her even though im entirely faithful) and told them what I was going through, they told me she was being emotionally abusive and manipulative which I never even thought of before talking to them. They supported me all the way and gave me the strength to finally end that relationship for good, and I couldn't be more thankful, they helped me become myself again.

That's how I found out where I derive my true strength from, when things get rough I always have friends to stand with me, and I think that's something a lot of people take for granted.
    Sorry for such a wordy comment, was getting some old feelings out.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's okay. I actually liked it. Thank you for sharing. It truly helped :)

• Weaknesses, Struggles, Heartaches, things that really breaks you from inside, are the things that gives you strength in the future, its upto you how you see things. For e. g "Two person had really bad past, 1st person just grieves over it and get depressed about it all the time, but the 2nd person not only get depressed about it, but he/she learns his/her lessons from it and and try to gather strength from that and accepting that what happened, happened for a better reason, even if you dont see it yet". Life is a constant loop of picking your broken pieces off the ground and rebuilding yourself again, what matters the most that you dont give up, you can take a break from life, but never give up.

How do you make yourself stronger when you feel weak?How do you make yourself stronger when you feel weak?

1|0
    0|0
  • Think of who you are, your value. Your goals. Your accomplishments. What you have. Give to those who needs.
    I draw happiness based on what I give.
    Love yourself.

Is this pms?
    I get really messed up around that time... I am working on it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I was on my period when I posted this, yes but I'm actually going through a lot recently. So, that's why I've been feeling miserable and weak, but I'll try to focus on my goals and try to love myself again. Thank you!

• At times it can be really hard. We all go through the ups and downs. I am dealing with some issues as well. Hang in there girly.
      What are some way that help you deal with the negative thoughts?
      xoxo

• I talk to my best friend, she and her husband are the only one i can trust and i know they aren't going to back stab me. I express all of my emotions, and worries, and i dont get judged or telling me what i did wrong, instead they listen to me... sometimes i get advice and wether i choose to take it they don't get upset with me if i don't go along with what they said for me to do... then i am at ease and my life gets better and i get my mind at peace.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm glad to hear that you have at least two people you can trust completely and they care about you a lot. :)

• Yes, i do have two great friends. Thanks.

• Here because I really need advice on this too... What I do currently is talk to my few friends and try to keep my mind off of things by exercising and working on hobbies, things that'll give me a sense of accomplishment.

1|0
    0|0
  • to become a strong person in those type of areas in your life is not an easy thing. It takes a lot of patience with yourself and you have to change your thinking pattern. at a moment in my life I felt very weak it seem like everything would effect me one thing I was mainly week at is with my boyfriend. but I am now strong in that area thanks to my patients and my new way of thinking

1|0
    0|0
  • I remember back to when my indecisiveness got me in a very bad place and to avoid winding up in those situations again I put my head down and face whatever challenges that are in front of me. When that little voice at the back of my head tells me that I can deal with it later I tell it "shut it, we ARE dealing with it NOW".

1|0
    0|0
  • Not something I contend with. Our only barriers are in our own heads. If someone else has done this or that, I just know I can, too, and I do. I just try to be better at it than those before me. Sometimes confidence starts with the simple task, like making our beds each morning. It builds from there. When life still throws a challenging obstacle, at least once home your have a nice made bed to collapse into.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good question. I commit my self to a goal, otherwise I wouldn't find any motive to be stronger. What I also do is set a standard of how I want others to perceive me, then I match it with insights I've made in order to discover what is keeping me back from self realization (my goal).

1|0
    0|0
  • Experience. Taking blows one after another helps to forge an armor around you and make you stronger mentally. But inevitably more insensitive and cold.
    Will helps a lot too. You can be weak mentally but still have enough will to overcome it. Best way for it is to have a reasonable and rational goal. Find what you could get if you overcome what's hitting you, and force yourself to reach it, even if you don't feel like you can make it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Clean your room, do something practical. Be active. The immediate, healthy reward will make you feel more confident. It'll make you feel useful, on the ball.

2|0
    0|0
    • That means keeping yourself busy and taking your mind off things, but when you get free. Let's say, late at night.. When you're feeling weak and miserable, then what do you do?

• Show All
    • Okay, I will definitely ask you any further advice. Thank you so much :)

• You're very welcome. Stay strong. :)

• I hope this cheer you up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to give my feelings to God because God is objective and universal and God loves everyone and does not care what I look like or how much money I make and if I believe in God - it means I always have hope - even if I am given an incurable diagnoses - even if I'm 90 and nearing death - even if I am steeped in debt. That is one of the reasons I turn to God with my problems. The bible also says if you trust in God - you won't be wounded emotionally - even when you are around terrible people who go out of their way to hurt you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Thinking back to passing British Para Selection , which is necessarily tough. Also keeping going for my 2 children's sake , they come first... that is an even bigger motivator. There are many days I do not even want to get out of bed !!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm having those days lately. I do not feel like getting out of bed at all and I don't feel like eating

• Show All
    • Maybe you are fighting depression and not realising it , I have fought that too , but won.

• Thank you , they can be a pain , my daughter is in the throes of early adolescence , and my son is much bigger with longer hair. My daughter resembles her mothers Italian side much more , my son is a mixture , similar colour eyes to mine

• I usually talk to friends and they make my day better. If you want we can talk, maybe I can cheer you up :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Learn from the situation. :) donโ€™t beat yourself up over it. That isnโ€™t healthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Read articles and books on developing strong emotional and mental well being. Also working out and eating well

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes as much as i don't want to do it , i have to ignore when
    something makes me emotionally and mentally weak i just can't
    let it bring me down yes it's hard to do but that's my only choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I somehow concentrate on switching my personality to the brave mode ๐Ÿ˜…

1|0
    0|0
  • Grit my teeth and say to myself 'What is done is done, time to go for what I NEED.'

1|0
    0|0
    • That's a good way to think about this

• Well, life has rarely been fair, but I think most people should understand that it isn't its job to make it fair. You have to push through and adapt. Help is only effective if you take the first step, so all you gotta do, is take that step.

• I couldn't agree more :)

• Don't you think the strength you require stems from the task itself? So maybe ask yourself what that task means to you. Worked for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have a well defined goal, and do everything to achieve it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I give myself a little pep talk I told myself that I can handle it. And if not come on Gag talk about it we're like a little family here what get you through it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Never felt weak. I strengthen both my mind and body everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Always tell yourself that you are stronger than those thing that wanna get you down

1|0
    0|0
  • Driving, eating, family, working, laughing at GaG nonsense. ๐Ÿ‘

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to talk it over with someone close to me, keeping it inside just makes it worse

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to withdraw all the money out of my life savings in twentyโ€™s and throw it around whilst laying in bed

1|0
    0|0
  • by remembering your better than you feel that life kicks you when your down but if you realise there is some 1 else who has it worse than you so dust your self off an rember that bad crap always happens but there's always going to be some thing that goes wrong just look at the bad in a positive way you get a flat tire but you. were on. a city road the brite side is it could of been worse could of hapoen on a high way

0|0
    0|0
  • Accepting the weakness.
    Letting go of it or keep on trying to overcome ifs its necessary.

Meditation can do a lot anytime, when done properly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Measure up what am I doing right now, then set a goal of something I want and go for it, nothing like winning to get us back on track

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to find the reason of doing that first, then sticking till I can't handle it anymore more

1|0
    0|0
  • I just do it, because of all the times past and present, that i have had to do it

1|0
    0|0
  • I literally lecture myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ

1|0
    0|0
  • I talk to close friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Anakin had the right idea :3

1|0
    0|0
  • Watch SpongeBob

1|0
    0|0
  • Connect to your inner self and protect her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hardship or support

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of exercise and facing your fears

2|0
    0|0
  • I talk to people I trust

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't and just deal with it.