How do I get over her and how do I get her to stop stringing me along?

OK its been over a year since she dumped me for her ex but I can't get over her. Do you think getting closure will help me because its f***ing up my life seriously I'm so hurt all day every f***ing day and she keeps stringing me along. Its not fair I want to know why she is stringing me along it sucks so bad I feel awful :..(

44

Most Helpful Girl

• She's stringing you along because of one reason: you're her back up plan. I mean hey? What girl doesn't want to have that one guy that sticks around for everything? But trust me bud... YOU don't want to be that guy. Don't let her make you feel this way... You don't deserve it. Next time she texts you or whatever just be like "playing guitar hero... Sorry. Can't talk" lol and maybe after a few of those text she'll get the point. Or you can always just come out and tell her the truth about how you feel about the situation you're in... I bet you'd make her feel like an asshole ... will it make you feel stronger? Hell. Yes. :)

• exactly.

but it will take more then a few texts of being busy playing guitar hero. you actually have to forget about her. the day you stop caring, she will want you back. so think about all the bad sh*t she did to you and basically tell her to f*** off in your mind and stop caring. Then get your own chick. When you're actually over her and are totally cool, she will recognize it and start wanting you back. Right now you're the back up guy just like this chick here responded.

What Girls Said 3

• Hey I think I read your posts few months back. I hope you can be strong I agree minimal contact I'm in a similar position, when I back off he contact, hopes return I can't move on - what I'm realising is HE KNOWS THIS. I'm trying my 110 per cent hardest to have as little if no contact now. He has been asking to meet me and everything then when I question if his feelings have changed - no just mates is the response I get. Its very confusing, I'm now dating other guys. I have to, I hope a nice girl comes along who appreciates you or your ex wakes up and realizes what she has lost. Meanwhile focus on yourself as it is proven everywhere when you get on with your life without her if she does like you she will return - you have to do that for your sanity. I know how you feel easier said than done I feel like a facebook stalker I miss my ex so much its the only connection I have.. :(

• I find that closure will deffinatly help. I don't know how you will get it because each situation is different...Confront her maybe?

• My opinion on this is, Guys stay hung up on the wrong girl and when the right girl comes along they are too blind sided by the other girl and that's what guys problems are.

What Guys Said 4

• Stay away from her! She is only using you as the benefit as a backup or she is comparing you to the other guy and finding out what to do. Do not give her the benefit of having this. Stay away from her or you will only get hurt feelings. Best way is to attempt to keep the contact to a minumum. Try to work on your life. I know it hurts to lose someone but if you show that you have moved on and tryed dating other women it shows you don't need her in your life to be happy. women like men who are confident and secure. IF she still has feelings for you she will get that fear of loss and wonder what you have been doing and most likely contact u. Do not seem desperate for her even though you want her back. The Best thing for you man is to move on

• Don't date another girl off the bat if you cannot maintain emotional stability because of the feelings you have left for this particular ex. Instead, go achieve closure in the nicest way possible. It may seem hard to be polite when they have caused so much grief but it shows that you are the man. It gives you a bigger ego.

Go out, find her, talk to her about her stringing you in a nice tone, ask why. Hear her reply, leave and leave for good.

• dude chill, ,its OK man go out and enjoy yourself, your a guy, only chicks feel like that, so just keep your chin up and chest out and move on.

• just start dating another girl flaunt her to her and she will come wrawlin back