Appropriate Amount For Texting An Ex? GUYS AND GIRLS perspective

My boyfriend recently broke up with me. During our 5 month relationship, he texted his ex-gf everyday. He always was texting his friends on top of that though (simple 'how are you' or 'what are you doing?'. It made me uncomfortable that he was contacting his ex, as I feel as I may have been the rebound- girl. She had broken up with him.

I didn't say anything about him texting her until she invited him to a family dinner. I then spoke up and told him that I was uncomfortable and thought this was not appropriate. He said that they were just friends. He didn't go to the dinner, and agreed (after much conversation with his family) that it was inappropriate.

He did stop texting her but to make a long story short, when he broke up with me 'because he couldn't be himself', within 2 min of posting he was 'single' on Facebook, the ex contacted him with an 'oh no! are you OK?'...his reply was '...oh I guess we can talk now. lol how are you?'

What are your thoughts? Everything Is Welcome. Thanks!

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it seems like from the facebook update and the comments, sad to say that it seems like he's eager to talk to his ex now that you guys aren't dating anymore >.< And him saying he can't be himself, I personally think he may just want the freedom to talk to his ex and be able to say anything he wants to her. She may have told him in a text that she wanted him back, or still had feelings, and that could also be the reason why he broke up with you, so he could continue THEIR relationship. But for the time being, Just chill with your friends, focus on stuff you want to do, and enjoy the single life. Who knows, he might realize he made a mistake and might come back(: I hope this helps in any way, shape, or form. <333 (:

What Guys Said 1

• Good riddance. Nice choice

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like you didn't trust him. although I understand your feelings they are definitely natural to feel. but maybe he felt like you went alittle over board. he didn't go to the dinner which was a good sign. it wasn't like he hid his ex from you. some people are known to break up and still be friends, just as I ve been in a 3 year relationship before and he and I are best friends! and we are better friends than lovers. Maybe you should give him time to breath and then try talking to him in a few days and if you honestly feel like you can get past that and maybe you were over dramatic as us females can be at times then say sorry and tell him you want to work past it. hope that helped some.