What can I do to overcome this? Thanks :)

It's been a year since my boyfriend of three years cheated on me with his ex. I really don't know how to over come the feeling of that I'm not good enough for him or I'm nor pretty enough or anything. I have no confidence at all in myself. How can I over come this feeling and also feel as if he won't cheat on me again. I really do love and care for him

The majority of people are saying either

1) To dump him or 2) it's not my fault or just a combo of both.

I really don't want to leave our 3 year relationship.

Is there anything I can do to help myself and our relationship other than to leave him?
How can I figure out a way to forgive him and move in?
I asked him about why he cheated on me and he said "we were talking about the past and just remembering it brought back feelings, but I swear I will never cheat on you again. It's the worst mistake in my life to do that to you, and us."
We broke up and I'm glad. I feel a whole lot better

2414

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I could have wrote this question and I kind of did a few months ago. First of all good for you for trying to work this out and get over these feelings. These feelings are very real and I ge that you just can't turn it off. Seriously, had you known in the beginning he was going to cheat on you upfront you would have never dated the guy. So here's my advice from myown personal experience I do believe for the most part that it does take two for the good and bad to happen which means what did you do maybe that pushed him away to cause it to happen? WHatever it was don't do it and believe that you've changed you're behavior and he has too.When you are having anxious thoughts you need to remind yourself hey I take good care of him, I try to make sure I always look attractive, I respect him and take care of him sexually. If you feel you are falling short then you should try to do m ore and the more you do the less anxious you feel. SOmetimes when we feel inadequate you do a lot of thining but not a lot of action. Send hi a flirty text or sexy note. Keep it fresh and make yourself interesting to him. No sweat pants and pony tails. Guys like variety so change it up. 3 years is a long time. It doesn't mean he will cheat on you again. Make yourself valuable and he will see you that way too.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE