Why does my ex want to be friends after I dumped her and she has a new boyfriend?

We broke up and within a few weeks she started dating someone else. I have to admit I was a little jealous but knew I had made the right decision so let things be. Even though I dumped her she still texts or speaks online to me as if we're friends. Why would you want to be friends with someone who dumped you? The problem is I don't want to be friends her. She's an ex and I don't really want to hear about her boyfriend problems (although the weird thing is that she never mentions her b/f). I'm wondering if she still has feelings for me? I don't want to lead her on or give her some sort of false hope if this is the case but seen as I dumped her I don't want to hurt her feelings all over again! She may be my ex but I still care about her and don't want to hurt her. But she has a boyfriend and they seem to be going OK so I'm just confused what her motives are?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to hurt her then dont. Its pretty simple. Tell her you are friends only and be one, talk to her when she needs a friend but make sure she knows up front that you are ending it there and if she draws past the line then you will have to stop contact. Its being honest, its being a friend, its telling her the truth.

And if you really don't want to hurt her then how bad can it be for you to listen to her problems? Maybe she didn't want to hear about your problems either, but I'm sure she had too at times, and she overlooked it.

What Girls Said 3

• She obviously is still in love. that's what women do they play the I'm OK game and then they will keep talking to you because they think some how your mind will change about being with them, There is one thing every man needs to know about women. 'WE WANT TO BE PERSUED.' that is the most important thing you need to know.

She probaly wants to know that you still love her and you care about her. even if you don't that's what every women wants to hear from an ex.

• it could be that she had such a wonderful time with you, she doent want you to leave her life. If she can't have you as a boyfriend, she'll have you as a friend.

• Im going threw the same thing except I'm the one who wants to be friends. It depends on how long you guys have been together. If it was for a couple years then of course she would want to be friends. You guys were best friends while you were dating so she just sees that. Ya know what I mean. Its like we hold onto the good times and try to forget the bad. So she probably still sees the good in you. Try giving her a chance. Be friendly.

What Guys Said 0