Is showing interest then backing off, a good strategy?

I gave this girl my number, she texted me first. Then I told her that we should hangout she said "Possibly lol (:". Is this now a good time to back it off and play hard to get?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not because you aren't sure if you fully have her yet or not. Hang out with her, make it known that you're interested as well as make sure that she's interested as well. Then pull away. But I strongly suggest you don't. Playing hard to get isn't the best thing for a guy to do to a girl because a lot of girls tend to be more emotional and take their strategy as the wrong way which leads to them being insecure in the relationship, etc. There's also the girls who like when a guy plays hard to get because they like the challenge. But since you don't know how she is, I suggest you just play it cool for now and get to know her instead of trying to jump into cliche strategies that don't always work in a positive way.

What Girls Said 4

• Nooo. Every time that's happened to me I get super confused and wonder what the f*** is going on. Does he like me or does he not? It's just best not to play games at all.

• Don't play hard to get! It makes us (at least me) super confused and we end up thinking you don't like us and move on. Just don't play games, please?

• No cause honestly everyone over thinks stuff and doing that confuses the f*** out people especially this early on

• it's never a good idea to play hard to get if you're a guy. That's when girls think you're showing "mixed signals", which means she'll get stressed out and back off

• rightttt, only girls can do that...

• I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but it's annoying as hell when girls do that too

What Guys Said 2

• That would be like calling the girl on the phone, asking her "how are you"? Then just hanging up. Nuff said?

• I get the opposite happening, I'm the one trying to revive and keep the flame burning with a girl, eventually I stop trying and move on to the next one...In your case I think she is interested but doesn't want to seem needy, thus stretching time between each response...try ending the conversation with a positive leading note and wait a day or two for her to respond back to see how your doing, If she doesn't respond then there's a problem.