Have you ever tried to get back to your ex/ someone you dated and it didn’t work out?

How long after you broke up you contacted them? Did it last?
Did your ex ever tried to get back? What was your reaction?

Have you ever tried to get back with your ex and it didn't work out?
Have you ever tried to get back with your ex and it didn't work out?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• not get back but we still communicated and acted like bf/gf without the label but it just didn't work out...

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing like that was in my mid-twenties, I tried to salvage a relationship that was ending. Big mistake for me because she somehow "thrived" on stringing me along. When I caught on to THAT I got out of there... But getting back to dating an ex, I've never tried that. There is only one who I would consider getting back with but she doesn't live around here any longer anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, honestly, if it's done it's done, according to me once a relationship goes back and worth it will always end up bad. You either stick through the whole relationship or you leave it... Simply as that

2|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever repeatedly loaded a saved game when you knew you couldnt beat the boss? Ever tried to do the same thing again and expected a different result?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did and it did it didn’t work out. It just felt too forced and no longer like a real relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve given second chances to a few guys that have tried to date me again after things ended, and I’ve always regretted it.

2|0
    0|0
  • My ex girlfriend tried to get me back, but it didn't Work as she did it dishonest...
    Called me as i was out drinking, Said she was wasted and needed me to get her Home (as i did Not know she was Back in the city)
    So i get There, she is sober af, 2 streets from Home. I Still went along, then she seduced me at the bar the Had at Home, e. g. in the basement.
    Well yeah, didn't Work Out...

0|0
    0|0
  • Do i have a story for you my friend 😂

To answer your questions in the simplest way.

How long after you broke up you contacted them? I see him everyday unfortunately as we work together very closely and I let him know I wanted nothing more to do with him after he was sick on my new shoes and told me he'd rather have his right hand over me in throught of are Co workers at a company boat party last summer.

Did it last? Nope

Did your ex ever tried to get back? Now I'm completely avoiding contact with him yes he is.

What was your reaction? I hate him and can't even stand to be around him.

I've tried to make things work because Im still in love with him and forgave him when he's never apologised for the things he did to hurt me and I see him as someone I can't trust nor do I want as a partner at work or outside of work anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah!! Ain’t nobody got time for that shit😂
    An “ex” is in the past... and they deserve to stay there!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wish I could. I messed up bad and ruined all trust. Two years later I'm still depressed thinking about her.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

If she means that much to you go back make things right again

• Show All
    • 4d

I feel you well just learn from that experience that way you dont make the same mistake again

• 4d

True, if I ever get that chance again.

• No. I never look back. Too much potential for unnecessary drama. I don't like drama.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost contact with my ex, and i don't want to meet him anymore, moved on.

1|1
    0|0
  • No never when I'm done I'm done I dont go backwards they are your ex for a reason

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it only lasted a month because I was in a horrible state of mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Why?

• Show All
    • 5d

So you broke up with your gf? My long distance boyfriend recently broke up with me, one of his reasons being he’s just not in a good mental state and needs to work on himself. I still can’t tell if it was the truth or an excuse

• 5d

No that breakup was mutual. She could tell that I am not mentally prepared for another relationship because i am clearly not over my ex.

• I've never gone back to an ex, they have come back to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

What did you do when they came back?

• nope. whats done is done. No take backs.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not really but I try to gently ease away

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

How?

• Show All
    • 6d

Why don’t you just end it then?

• 6d

I do end it but if they want to be friends I'll let them try

• nope. Never look back only forward

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather eat glass and walk through fire

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m kinda in that situation right now

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Did you come back or he did?

• Show All
    • 6d

But who contact first after you broke up?

• 6d

Due to a common interest we stayed in contact after we broke up

• Nope never tried.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to get her back but she put up a fight, so i hit her with a cast iron skillet, then I drove her to my place and we had a lovely dinner in my basement.

0|0
    2|0
  • Yeah, it didn't really go well. He started feeling so high and mighty

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Main reason why I don’t do that. Would probably start treat me like shit :/

Recommended myTakes