My parents think I should give him another chance?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 1.5 years recently and told my family, due to lack of feelings to him, his poor finance and time management as well as his career is still in a mess despite being 31 this year.

It seems my parents liked something in this guy enough, that they asked for me to reconsider.

Do you guys take your parents' opinion and give it another shot?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• N-O, you should not take him back because if you want to be irrational and based everything on emotions and feelings then you shouldn't be dating at all. That is immaturity on your part. That is number 1. Number 2, while it's okay to receive advice from parents but unless they have some wisdom, rational and logical advice, you should take some things and leave some things. This is not their relationship, this is yours. I don't care how much they liked him. The problem is only you know why you had to let him go. Well his financial situation and his career is technically not your business unless you are getting married to him. Overall, if you expecting to have a future with him such as getting married to him and having children, his finances and his career needs to be in order. It doesn't matter how old he is. The point is is having his priorities set when he's not only able to take care of himself but is willing to take care of you as well parent because the last thing you don't need is to Baby somebody who is supposed to be an adult. Especially since he's a man. And if your relationship is hindering him from doing what he needs to do, then you did the right thing.