Have you ever felt bitter toward an ex and how did you deal with those feelings?

Have you ever felt bitter toward an ex and how did you deal with those feelings?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• My divorce to wife#1 cost me a half-mil, so I would say so. Ya think? :)
    Especially after she told our daughters I was a deadbeat dad, all the while getting a couple of grand a month. And that my new wife, whom was much younger, and prettier, and way nicer, was a whore.
    Yeah, she's a loser.
    And now after some thirty years, she's been married and divorced four times and all the money she took for support and spent on real estate instead of the kids, has gone bust. Just desserts, don't you think?
    I just smile and laugh.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ex's are part of your life no matter whether it ended up good or bad. However holding grudges or being bitter won't help you move on properly

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. I was very young. And an older (way older) friend gave me the best advice ever: Exercise. I did a lot of spinning and I canalized all my bad energy through it. I used to do 2 hours of spinning a day, one in the morning and one at night. I got huge thighs but who cares! No better way to get rid of bad energy than exercise!

0|1
    0|0
  • Only one ex. I had to completely cut all ties and try to work on building myself as much as I could.
    Harder to do when there are more permanent factors involved.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I focus on the fact that if I hold on to my anger at my ex, I am allowing them to ruin even more of my life. I'll be damned if I want to voluntarily do that!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. After 4 months of dating, my ex dumped me because of my height, apparently at the moment there were fake rumors going around that i was underage and that he was a pedo, in order to clean his reputation he just dumped me after months of dating.

0|2
    0|0
    • That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. Once a pedo always a pedo. So he really believed you were underave then? I mean show him your ID that clears that one up right there. Lol

• Show All
    • Well think about what he was saying with his actions though he cared more about what they thought then you? Why would you want to be with anyone that thought so little of you?

• I know, I know but I couldn’t imagine the pressure he was feeling and I can’t believe it ended over something not even valid.. what’s hilarious is I was 22 at the time, I was 4 years over the age of consent

• Yeah, when I broke up with him I was very angry for how distant he was and how he took me for granted. It took me a year to get over him. It doesn't hurt anymore. But it's like I have a scar for the things he did to me. Not literally, he didn't hit me. It's like emotional scarring.

0|1
    0|0
    • I forgot to add what i did to get over him. Life just happened and I eventually forgot about him. Like they say time heals. I got busy and I stopped thinking him because I had more important things to do with my time and to think about. It just stopped hurting after a while. You know you are ready to date when you literally never think about your ex ever again lol

• I think everyone has. Been bitter at some point. I let it go regaurdless bitterness and Anger hurts only you

0|2
    0|0
  • I guess we all have.

The healthy way to deal with any bad feelings we have about an ex, enemy or any person is just take a break...

When we get mad or disappointed we always need to sleep on it so we can deal with the problem later, maybe the next day.

Never start arguments or sudden actions impulsively and before writing to yourself what to do or what to say first. It's an advice from Lincoln...

But the fun way to deal with it?
    Well, payback.🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • I felt bitter with all of my exes. I tried to logically think of why it's bad to feel bitter, why the relationship ended, and what ways I can improve instead of putting the blame and all of the bitterness on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was cleaned out in divorce court by my ex so yes I was angry. I am over it now because what can you do? Life goes on and I will never let any woman ruin my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • A little. Things got murky towards the end. We'd fallen pregnant, she didn't want to continue the relationship. Thats ok, its her choice. What erked me was how she handled the pregnancy. I felt isolated from the start, then she told me not to expect joint custody for at least 3 years (she seemed to have read up quite a bit on that one). It ended with a miscarriage, i'll never know how things would have panned out in reality. Then she got arsey after, contacted me a couple of times to rant. I just wanted to move on

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, all of them, i just keep reminding myself that they have every right to make the choices they did, and i have no right to be upset.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, plenty. I dealt with it by punishing us both, especially myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I am always the one who tries to leave on good terms. Even with ex's that had affairs.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We aren't friends anymore, but that was her choice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I was kind of bitter towards my most recent ex. She left me at a rough time when there was a bit of uncertainty in my life (for the curious my job security was at-risk and I was low enough on money that I'd probably have to go homeless or move back in with my parents to avoid going bankrupt), and her official "reason" for breaking up basically served to paint me as the bad guy so she didn't feel bad about it. I wasn't really hurt since I kind of wanted it to end anyway, but the way she handled it made me feel disrespected.

I got over it by just focusing on dealing with what actually mattered (securing my financial well-being) with a bit of casual dating and sex on the side to help relieve the stress. I also cut off all contact with her completely which helped. For the most part I'd say I'm over it now, but I still want nothing to do with her whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did for many years. Never really dealt with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex left me 2 1/2 years ago because he went through a bad divorce and I couldn’t deal with his two children it was hard because I still have not moved on and found someone better than him or anyone that is willing to move in with me even though I own my own home I think that it is an intimidation factor since I am female they are mail anyway getting off topic.

The easiest way to deal with these feelings is to find someone who is equally yoked or who can be better than you or ask however I have yet to find someone that I can say is equal or someone that I was put in the time that my excise what’s made it matters even more worse is that he’s moved on and now he has a kid with someone else and I have no children even though he knew I wanted to have a child with him

So if you let me know I’d appreciate it so I can move the f on already lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget they even exist. Go back to the life I had before

0|0
    0|0
  • No I’m not bitter

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course. I mediated, cried and prayed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beat her ugly fucking dog face up

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes