I hurt the feeling of my emotionally stunted ex friends with benefits by sleeping with his friend (yeah it confuses me too) is there anyway I can amend the situation?

Last week I got blocked by a boy who used to be my friends with benefits.

Backstory:
The friends with benefits relationship turned sour, he really hurt my feelings and we didn't really speak for two years. However we had been good friends before we started sleeping together. Recently we saw each other out and had a chat and both realised there was no hostility there anymore. We just missed one another's company. We decided to try and be friends again and I believed it could really have stood a chance this time. I do genuinely care about this boy.

Anyway I then made the mistake of having sex with a guy who is quite good friends with the ex friends with benefits. I didn't realise at the time I was doing anything wrong. After all it had been two years, I didn't even know if the boys were still friends. And I didn't think it would affect ex friends with benefits in any way bc I really didn't think he had any feelings toward me.

My housemate got drunk at a party and spilled the beans to ex friends with benefits. I wasn't there to see the fallout but in the words of another friend 'you could tell he was really cut, it was like watching a trainwreck'. And now I am blocked and confused with no way of contacting him.

In this situation is it best to let sleeping dogs lie or try and amend the situation?
Also bonus question for any emotionally stunted people that can relate: why is he like this?
4
1