Is it a red flag for someone to download a dating app right after a break up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In ANY relationship, the person who's the least emotionally attached is the one who has the easiest time breaking up. At the same time, before a divorce OR a breakup, the emotional disconnect has been going on for several weeks to months before the actual "official" end by the individual who wants the breakup.

If he's been already thinking about breaking up for weeks, he's pretty much cut all his emotional ties by the day your relationship over. For him to join a dating app right afterward is not a problem - specifically for him.

It sounds like you're still reeling from the ending of your relationship. Hang in there and do your best to pay no attention to him again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha no. He was in a relationship with another person not me but was attracted to me. I’m saying should I reach out lol

• Show All
    • I might wait it out and do me for now. Sounds good?

• I think that's a very smart plan. I wish you the best, but be careful.

• Not necessarily, it could well be that they're feeling depressed and want to feel good about themselves. Often they just want the confidence boost of someone swiping right to them, if they're actively looking on it for people it could be slightly more worrying. But, if they're the one who's been broken up with, i would say no, but if they're the one who broke up then not necessarily.

0|0
    0|0
    • Isn’t just to see what’s out there and not necessarily Daren

• Date*

• I don't think you can read much into it, I've often been told you need to get under someone, so it could well be that they're just looking for a one night stand. But could also be they just want to see what's out there yes. It's better they download it after the break up than while they're still dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd assume they were looking for a rebound relationship. That their intention was to date other people to distract themselves from their ex and the breakup. Id assume that, even if they no longer felt anything for their ex , and they were the one that ended it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not necessarily. I don't use apps, but the minute after a breakup I am a free agent. I am entirely committed while together, but am under zero obligation afterwards and sometimes date again within a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody carries flags with them and if they are color blind, wouldn't know if it was red, brown or yellow.

Also, it is not mysterious to me but I can see why others may think it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it mostly just to talk to other people not get into a relationship

• No, talking to other people is a distraction from a broken heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you realize red is the hardest color for humans to see?

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m trying to ask do people do it to just talk to people to get over their ex

• Nah, it's just their drug of choice. I choose beer, Pikachu.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how you see it and the individual style. He/she:
    1. Feel lost bc h/s in shock mode and just don’t know what to do really.
    2. Want to vent due to frustration so find a host to latch on like a leach.
    3. Feeling adventurous bc h/s single dawn on h/h.
    4. Feel the free to do as please bc why not, flat out like that.
    5. Revenge bc h/s knows the others weakness to get back at h/h.
    6. Just doesn’t care enough to begin w/ for the other person.
    7. Feel empty bc now he/she doesn’t have something so need to replace the emptiness inside.

Endless possibilities and mind game out there. Just saying

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Red flag to who?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. That's what people do. Why do you ask?

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it to get into a relationship or just talk to other people to get the ex off of their mind

• It would arouse suspicion yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • Only slightly

0|0
    0|0
  • People do it to try and move on

0|0
    0|0
    • To date casually and just talk to people but not get into a serious relationship

Recommended myTakes