Would you quit a job if your ex worked there too?

Say you guys had been together so long that everyone only knows you as a couple, not so much individuals.

Then you guys broke up for absolutely unforgivable reasons and it's pretty much unsalvageable. For what it's worth, you're able to be civil and maybe even "workplace normal" with one another. No one knows so we are still invited to stuff by others as a couple.

I don't tell coworkers simply because they're very nosey and I often hear them gossip about each other then be best friends lol. I just prefer to keep to myself. Needless to say, I don't really have "co-mates" at this workplace.

Now he wants to try things again and I don't. I want a new start.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• If he and you cannot tolerate being in the same room or if he works in the same department and/or you cannot avoid daily interaction with him in the professional setting, then its time to take a call to compartmentalize your emotions (hurt, anger, ANYTHING apart from indifference is a an emotional hangover that is still there) and draw strict boundaries to your exchanges.
    IMHO you should not be quitting YOUR job for this. If you mental peace is at risk, then you can consider looking a new job. Not because your ex is at your workplace, but for yourself and your inner peace.

Most Helpful Girl

• If we were in direct close contact and I would have to see and be around him constantly, then yes. I probably would find another job.