I broke up with my boyfriend but now I regret it. What should I do?

My boyfriend left me on delivered for 5 days but he was texting my friends (he has done this more than once). I asked him if he was willing to fix that or we could break up bc I was going crazy and I felt it wasn’t fair for me to wait. So he said he couldn’t promise things would be better bc he’s about to be busier soon. So he felt like he was holding me back, so I asked him if he wanted to be friends. He actually took it well and he felt the exact same way. He felt relieved bc now he doesn’t have to walk on eggshells. Last time we broke up though, he was glad AT FIRST that we broke up but then as time went, he felt sad and he missed me. He also thinks he’s not mature enough for a relationship yet and that his priorities suck. But to be fair I had too many expectations, so that’s my fault for making him feel that way. I was gonna get my best friend to talk to him in about 2-3 weeks (since they are related so she would know him better than anyone) to see if we can talk about the relationship and possibly get back together. But I’m not sure if I’m wasting my breath or not. My friend says he seems chill about the break up but he feels bad that he made me cry. I’ve dated him 3 times. And we’ve known each other for almost 3 years. I regret the breakup, I really miss him and I wanna figure things out with him but I don’t know what to do. Advice?
1
1