As a broken person, “emotionally f#*~^” how do you maintain a social life?

Long story short, dad died, mother disowned me, horrible breakup, graduated with a shit grade, leaked nudes in uni, moved countries, horrible.. blah, blah, blah, no job, pity me...

I can’t go back to socialising, you would have a nice chat and suddenly they ask one simple question that shakes the ground you’re standing on and I hate it!!

You can’t socialise without having people ask simple questions and being a broken person it’s insanely difficult.

I am very afraid of seeing anyone that i have known because these questions “how are you?” “So what are you up to these days” “how’s your mother” “you gained weight” are EXTREMELY hard questions that drive me to tears

I just don’t know what to do, I’ve been dealing and trying to recover in the past year and it’s hard.

Any advice would be very appreciate.

by the way I am seeing a therapist, it’s expensive, I go twice a month and it’s not enough to cover and discuss everything.
3
1