Heartbroken, depressed, and don’t know how to move on from a friendship breakup. Any advice or ways to cope?

So basically I had a one night stand with a friends I had in college for a year and a half. He was my first kiss, first cuddling, first guy to spend a night with, first guy to explore my body... etc. basically a first for everything minus sex because I’ve never done that before. He had told a couple of his friends about it and didn’t really have any complaints. Afterwards things were a bit awkward but we seemed to be moving forward fine. But then completely out of the blue he started ignoring me. We were texting and at some point I mentioned having feelings for him and concerns about one of the things that happened that night. He saved the message and never responded. Then he removed me from Instagram a couple of weeks later so I did the same. On Easter (Almost two months after the hookup) I tried to repair the friendship with a VERY heartfelt message and once again he saved my message but completely ignored me. I don’t feel like I’ve gotten closure. He still has me on Snapchat and tinder but absolutely won't delete me. I even told him at one point in the last message “if you hate me, you don’t like me, you don’t want to be my friend again whatever, pls just make it clear by communicating that to me directly. Let’s handle this like adults and not passive aggressively.” The only messages he saves between us are the emotional heartfelt ones. He saves them so that they’re there if he wants to read or refer to them again. If he deletes me off snap all of those messages that he so clearly doesn’t want to go away will disappear forever. I think the friendship is over but if there is even a spec of hope of it being repaired down the line that’s the only way of communicating we have left, which is why I haven’t taken it from him. I was really depressed after he ignored me on Easter & I’m not moving on well. A lot of things on campus and in general remind me of him and our friendship and the hookup. I’ve also been looking at his accounts from my friend’s phone. I feel stuck.
6 mo
I posed a question in the past wondering why he was acting like this and if I should try and fix things. You guys were pretty spot on and really helpful. (Pls don’t be rude responding because it won’t help. I can take it, but I don’t like negative energy so I’ll just block you.)
6 mo
At this point I’m seemingly moving on well. I’ve been able to come to terms with things as this semester is wrapping up and I’m okay. Thanks again for the advice 😊.
1
1