How to get my ex back? Advice on what I should do?

Me and my ex were together for almost two years, and had an amazing relationship, but couldn’t see each other a lot after our first summer as we did both live in the same town, but he goes to university an hour and a half away and I go to college close to home. We saw each other a fair amount but not as much as we wanted to. He broke up with me about two months ago as he said his mental health has gotten really bad and I was the only thing giving his life any meaning at the moment. He never opened up about his troubles and acted as a kind of councillor to many of his friends, which I told him to be careful doing but he said he’d be fine. We both were making plans for our second anniversary and we’re both talking about a future but he’s said at the moment he needs to focus on getting his life together with his last upcoming year of university, his job, his mental health and what he wants to do job wise. He’s said he’s not saying we won’t get back together but said he needs to start his therapy and sort himself out... do I have any chance in the future? How do I get him back so he doesn’t have to go through it alone? We both love each other a ridiculous amount and I don’t want him to feel like he has to go through this alone... losing him has ripped my life apart, and I want to help him rather than leave him to feel like he has to do it alone.
How to get my ex back? Advice on what I should do?
Add Opinion