Why does my ex who cheated and is now engaged to woman he cheated with text every few months saying "just thinking of you, hope things are good"?

I haven't had many relationships, but I've never had an ex reach out multiple times with various texts - there was the I'm not sure if your birthday is today or tomorrow happy birthday, two months later I got just thinking of you, hope things are good; then I got happy thsnksgiving two weeks after that now it's been 5 months and yet another text just thinking of you, hope things are good?; it seems extremely bizarre as he was degrading, a liar, a cheater and immediately picked up with the girl he was cheating with posting photos together or of her stating she is what makes him happy and within 6 months proposed and moved her into his house. If you're so blissfully happy why text your ex; I've never had an ex reach out and none of them did the horrible things he did to me. I'll also add that within a few months of being with her he was messaging me he missed me and met up with me to try to get me to spend the night and that was two months before his proposal to her. That was within a few months of catching him but these messages started almost a year since I last saw him and itll be two years this month since I caught him cheating, so he's been with her two years in happiness and bliss? Why message an ex girlfriend you treated terribly?
2
0