I always want to end things with him over the smallest things, why?

22 (grad. student/ work with top professionals/no kids) and dating a 38 (business man)(divorcee and he has an 8 year old son). We’ve known each other for almost 2 years, and just starting “seeing” other since October. However, I broke it off near New Years since he was becoming inconsistent, but we got back together in February... We have been great since then, I even meet his son. I’ve already met his business partners, and he’s met mine.

We talk every day, go on dates, take short day trips (only making out), and he’s said he is willing to “have the talk” if I am, but wants to "take things slow” and how he's "timid about getting into relationships"... We will be going on a day trip this week. Why does he keep want to just go on dates, with not bringing up the "commitment talk"? I texted him back how much I can't wait to see him (like we always tell each other) and he didn't even respond.. I feel confused/ and upset, I kinda want to just change this "day trip" to a lunch where I break up with him.
S/n: I am celibate and
I always want to end things with him over the smallest things, why?
Add Opinion