Why is my ex treating me so badly, help?

i'm going to try and keep this as short as possible! Me and my ex decided to be friends after he broke up with me. We were REALLY close and hung out and had a lot of fun.

After a few months, we started fighting like a couple. The fights usually started with him acting in a cold/dry/rude manner and then I would point it out and he would get mad. After months of this fighting, he told me he did not want to speak to me anymore and that he would ignore me.

Last week, I reached out to him to apologize for the role i played in our arguments. He acted very uninterested which kind of bothered me because I was just being nice. I said "idk why you have to be dry" and this set him right off. He started getting mad and I told him the way he acts really shows he does not care about me.

He said "at this point, i don't care about you". This was like a punch in the face even though I always figured he didn't care. I messaged him a total of 5 times after, every message ignored. I said things like "that really hurt and i don't know what I did, i have tried to be a good friend to you" blah blah blah

Someone please help
1
1