I cheated on the woman I loved?

I cheated I got caught and I lost everything important to me in my life. I lost my girl friend, who also doubled as my best friend. I lost my what was my home. I lost my cats. I lost her family who were amazing to me. I brought shame to my family. All because of a choice that I made. One wrong choice and you lose everything. I got what I deserved. Emotional cheating is still cheating. I may not have physically cheated but I may as well have. To anyone who thinks cheating is an answer to their problems, I guarantee you it is not. The reasons I cheated do not matter. What matters is I did something I can’t take back. I caused unimaginable pain and suffering to my loved ones and specifically to my now ex girlfriend who deserves so much better than me. I was her rock, through all the good and a lot of bad I was there for her. And than I wasn’t. Looking back on it now, she was enough for me, I just didn’t see it then. Love was enough, but I was blind to it. Days slowly pass one into the next and into the next it all blurs together. The memories eat me alive and keep me up at night time. I’m not a bad guy I just made a bad mistake. I need to forgive myself but I cannot do that yet. For men and for women think about what you have to lose before you make a choice I wish I had taken my own advice 6 months ago.
Add Opinion