How do I get over him?

My ex and I were together for 1 year and a half. We had a lot of up and downs. He is older than I am by 30 years and is Muslim. We have bumped heads about me being afraid to convert over. He wants me to cover up and is very controlling. I did wrong in the relationship like keeping some things about my personal life a secret and not disclosing my mental illness. He would always accuse me of cheating but I did not. There is a long list of things we faced but I wanted him. I deal with severe depression at times. I don’t know what triggers it but I told him I need some days to rest and clear my head. He says I am faking but I take medicine for it and need rest and a healthy diet to balance me out. I love this man so much but he puts so much pressure on me and curses me and calls me ugly when he’s upset. He says the relationship did not work because of me. He said it’s because I won’t be obdident, he does not trust me, I am a snake etc. Has says mean things to me and I lash back out at him. Two wrongs don’t make a right but I just felt the need to defend myself. When I broke up with him he called non stop and made threats. Today he called and I returned it. He said he wanted nothing to do with me and to never call him again. He said if I call I would be sorry. I don’t plan on calling but I am very hurt even though I initially ended it. This whole relationship has took a toll on me and he said I am the total blame of us not working please how do I heal and get over him?
How do I get over him?
Add Opinion