Girlfriend dumped me for refusing to give her my phone password. Who was wrong?

I felt my right to my privacy was being violated when she kept asking for my phone password. I don't know what she wanted it for but she claimed that it's a sign of trust to share passwords with a love partner. I told her it's more of a sign of trust if she wouldn't feel the need to invade my privacy. Then the arguments started and I lost my patience and told her to not talk about it anymore because it made me tired and I got better things to do than trying to win a battle, that cannot be won.

I protect my devices for common sense reasons such as theft, spying and especially unauthorized access. I don't exactly have things, that I deem must stay hidden from a love partner but privacy in general is a must have.

Next thing I know is that she texted me, that it's over between us because there is no trust and that the relationship is not going anywhere.

Who was in the wrong here?
I feel like I dodged a bullet here.
Are women like this today? Does compromise means giving up your all at the risk of your very own self? Is this what modern relationships are?
You were wrong
She was wrong
Neither of you were wrong
Vote C
Other
Vote D
GirlGuy
21 d
I have realized she's crazy. I don't keep in touch with her but when I told my story to some of my peers they have sided with me and said, that she's not going to find a good boyfriend like that and that she doesn't deserve one.
Now i can go out and have fun with some nice ladies :)
8
5