Unhappy in my marriage but husband “jokes” about killing me if I leave him.. how should I get out?

ny husband and I are both 25 years old and we’ve been together for 5 years and married for 3. We have no kids. I’ve been unhappy and dissatisfied with our relationship for about 1 1/2 years and I’ve spoken to him about going to see a therapist but he’s never wanted to. I think he knows I’m becoming increasingly unhappy in our relationship because he’s finally open to going to a marriage counselor but now I feel like there’s no real point because I’m pretty much done. I want to leave him but he makes these “jokes” about killing me if I try and leave him. He’s never been violent towards me but he fits the description of a narcissist to a T and I’m afraid he’s not 100% joking when he says these things. Part of me feels like the best thing to do would be to pack my things write him a letter and move out because I’m afraid he will get violent but the other part of me cares about him as a person and want to end things in person. What should I do?
2
1