Break up advice needed. Was there a different real reason he ended it?

I had been with my boyfriend for about 5 months. Things were good in the beginning. I would travel to see him weekly and spent 4 days a week at his place.

Recently, things got a busy in our lives and he went on vacation, without me.

i saw he met girls over there through social media. A bit upset, I pulled away. Our conversations started to get more blunt etc because I was unhappy he did this.

He then tells me he feels we have gone ‘stale’ and that he put more effort in than me, which I don’t believe is the case.

after he said he wanted to call a break, I apologised profusely and said I want to work on this and that I care about him so much. And can we meet to talk.

he said no. He said he wants to break and to see if he actually ‘misses me’ like he used to as right now he doesn’t.

im so confused, it just doesn’t seem like he gave me a valid reason to end it after I even poured my heart out to him. I am really struggling with the break up and we are not in contact now so I have no form of closure?
2
3