I stole from my boyfriend workplace, now we are breaking up?

So I worked as a showroom assistant for Versace- keeping the showroom tidy as customers touch move and request products. My boyfriend also work there as an accountant. For a few days I had been eyeing this cloth bag (like the ones you buy at the supermarket) but with a verace logo on it (see pic to understand). It was left on a chair in the back of the warehouse for about two or three days. I thought someone forgot it there, it had a highlighter pen in it & nothing valuable so I took it. It’s worth maybe a dollar, I just liked it bc it has the logo on it. i would of used it as a bag to keep my lunch box. Apparently someone saw me take it and decided to confirm this by telling the security guy to go through 46 hours of footage to see proof of me taking it. a co-worker of my boyfriend was told that I took this bag. They then told him, then he told me which made me very embarrassed. He then proceeded to tell his parents, which mortified me even more. The next day I took it back and apologized. He got a little mad that I did something so dumb which he could of got for me if I asked but then he tried to reason with me and said it was like taking a pen from work. Even though I should of known better than to take something, it really is worth nothing and the owner didn’t even care bc they have like a million of these damn bags. Even though it’s not like I stole something of value I feel too embarrassed to face my boyfriend or his parents. I don’t think I can be with him anymore, I know it’s over dramatic but I can’t seem to shake this and move on and laugh about this situation. He was even told in detail how I “sneakily” tried to steal the bag by pulling the chair behind wardrobe doors, putting the bag in the wardrobe, then coming back after 2 hours to get it. So so so embarrassing. I’m sure they had a good laugh though lol.
3
1