How to overcome the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after narcissistic abuse?

My ex ripped apart my self-esteem and erased my personality, distorted my reality. He was very sarcastic in a mean way, he belittle me , he was cruel and he constantly criticized me, he bullied me, he cursed at me all the time, he berated me, he blamed for everything weather or not it was my fault, constant gas-lighting, I still hear him screaming at me even though we’re no longer together, it scared me when he’d explode in full rage and his face turned bright red, he threatened me all the time, he humiliated me and he dehumanized me. His constant attacks weakened me and eroded my sense of self confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem. Some days, he was so kind and loving like the way he was in the beginning when we first met and I’d feel bad for not feeling okay enough to enjoy those moments when he was the loving man that I so badly needed him to be. Other days he treated me wonderful around his family and mine, I had to act as if our marriage was as close to perfect as possible because on the days I didn’t, I suffered the consequences.

I’m trying so hard to heal and become a better version of myself but it’s the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to accomplish.
1
0