We are on a "break" and I am see someone else more suitable, should I tell him, or let it fizzle out?

I am 22 in school, and he is 37 (divorcee, 5 years ago + serious relationship 3 years ago)
We we’re dating on and off since October, but consistent after he came back since March. I told him after a small argument via text that I’m not going to wait for him/his commitment since he’s a grown man and should know by now... But he keeps saying how he “ needs more face to face time with me “. I had already met his son and friends... But told him we should “cool off” for now, and haven’t texted eachother in 10 days... Should I contact him to tell him I am seeing someone else, or just let it be now?
1
2