Who here has gone through a custody battle that could help me out with some questions?

I was with my ex for 7 years and we have 2 kids together. We have been split up for 2 years. He does not pay child support, though I have asked him multiple times. He also only sees his kids every other weekend and I have to bring them to him, which is an hour and 20 minutes from my home. He quit his job when I told him I was bringing him to court for child support. He still lives with his parents. Now, normally things are civil. It isn't until I bring up child support that he goes crazy and starts completely belittling me. Saying Im worthless, he's tired of my shit, and says that he refuses to pay child support because he isn't willing to "support me". His girlfriend is a gem. She is absolutely wonderful and my kids love her to pieces. She has a full time job and with what little cash she has, she buys my kids things that she knows they need. I also work full time but I have my own rental, a car I am leasing, food and utilities bills, so I never have money left over and almost always struggling. She has been kind of my safe haven. I knew I could depend on her if I absolutely could not afford to buy what the kids needed. Which was a breath of fresh air considering I can't depend on their father. However, 3 weeks ago my daughter came home saying that daddies girlfriend was mad at me and said she wasn't helping anymore because she was tired of buying clothes that she never sees again. I didn't really believe it 100% because this woman is always super kind and I didn't believe she would say that to a child. But then my son said the same thing. I questioned their father. He flipped out on me, all through email, stating that it was ignorant that the $40 they spent on clothes in the past year was never returned and then told me that I "wasnt shit" and that I apparently needed to "know my place" and "learn how to speak to him". Resulting in me blocking him. Im filling paperwork for custody. Any advice on what to expect or do when it comes to a narcissistic ex spouse?
2
0