How do I stop loving him?

So the backstory - we met just before high school. At the beginning I didn’t even like him, but he kept pursuing me and doing really sweet things. And, of course, eventually I fell head over heels in love with him, we were each others shoulders and support systems through a lot of difficult life events for 4 years. We broke up 5 years ago. The first 2/3 years we were meeting quite regularly, sleeping together and that just fucked things up even more. We definitely loved each other and I still think we do. But the last year he`s completely shut me out, doesn’t talk to me, if he writes something then it usually is a stupid joke, very bro like text or completely not answering my questions type of way. For example – I could say something very meaningful and sweet, and he could respond with – yeah, I love bacon for breakfast too. I recently found out that he has a new girlfriend, for about a year… but he kissed me publicly half a year ago… so WTF dude? And the girl is constantly checking my IG stories.. I don’t know why. And I’m so sick of filling in the blanks by myself. I literally asked him a few months ago – are you together with this person and he responded something of the likes of “no, we are not in a relationship at the moment ”. So why would he lie? Or they weren’t together that day or she was in the other room? The main point is that I can't make those feelings go away, and I`ve tried everything – forgetting about it, therapy, hobbies, accepting it, mindfulness, dating other guys, but it still doesn’t change the fact that I love that idiot. I just feel this wave of loneliness.. constantly creeping in the background. And that stupid idea that we`re soulmates if the feelings don’t go away for this long… or our friends saying, that they think we`ll end up together anyway. I didn’t notice when everything got so messed up. I wish I could just stop loving and missing him, wanting to know how he`s feeling, is everything ok and stuff. Grrrrr
How do I stop loving him?
Add Opinion