Will he come back? And insights and views on the situation appreciated?

So i met a guy, both knew early on that this was good and we wanted to get serious (marry)... we knew each other about 2 months but are older and it just was going towards something serious. After a month he tells me is talking to other girls and even met one after me. Most of my friends experiences and my general belief is that when a guy meets someone he truly likes, he doesn't even want to meet other people. He had been engaged before and said he wanted to take it slow this time (I didn't realise this included meeting others, also he lied when i asked him 2 weeks earlier). It devastated me, i was a bit shocked and didn't know i was prioritising him while he made me an option. He said "if you want exclusivity, you should ask for it directly" I said no, i shouldn't have to. I was cold, distant and couldn't really accept (since I went all the way to visit and only wanted to be with him). He said he felt like this is it but wanted to make sure. Which made no sense to me, i felt like am I not good enough? Even after a 10 hour amazing date? So i dumped him and he didn't really fight it.. he was angry, had teary eyes and shut down. I tried to meet so that we could end nicely but he refused. After that I had a hard time, tried to talk but he was angry, i was still compassionate. However, I said fine take care etc. He left it open throughout, never saying goodbyes or anything. Just at one point in his anger said "lets go our separate ways" so i agreed and said too bad we end like this. He again didn't say anything. I feel like he left it open at every turn, but why? He mentioned meeting when in town or that we'll be friends at some point. but then also said that... insights please? I do miss him, but I guess its been killed.. something that could have been... but exes always return in my experience, do you think he will?
1
2