Guys, I want my ex boyfriend back. What’s a good way to go about it?

My ex and I broke up because he felt as though our relationship was going in circles because we fight a lot. Also our relationship is long distance and we both have a lot going on in our personal lives. It saddens me that our relationship didn’t make it through tough times, but I’m a believer that a a break from each other can beneficial. I’ve thought it over for a while, and though moving on would be easier for me, I still want to pursue a relationship with him because I still value him as a person. Except now the ball is in his court because he has cut off contact with me and requested time alone and space. Our break up was clean and we tried to spend time together just as friends afterwards but he said it was too much for him, that he still had feelings for me and he needed time to heal on his own. He even blocked me on all social media. I feel taken advantage of and confused. But I respected his decision and understand this is hard for him just as it is for me. But I’m still inexperienced when it comes to relationships. Bottom line, he makes a difference in my life. I want him in it. I’d at least like to speak to him again and be friends if a relationship in the future is out of the question. Can some guys please give me some advice on how I can go about this in a way that my intentions are clearly shown in my actions where I don’t come off as desperate or selfish?
3