Why is my ex boyfriend reaching out after the death of grandmother, what does he want (Please read details)?

For the past year I continue to get the occasional text that he is thinking of me, most recently two weeks after the death of my grandmother another text saying he was sorry to hear about my gram and the typical hope things are going good. Now I have never responded to his texts, have not seen him in almost two years, the texts have only been for the past year. He lied, cheated, was abusive and within months of being caught after attempting to cheat on her with me one night proposed, moved her in and married her. So to continue the text about my grandmother I found extremely bizarre as it is my mothers mother so not same last name as me, I doubt he reads the obituaries and if so why wait so long to reach out, we have absolutely no common friends I doubt anyone in his life even knew about me ( I was the pathetic woman trying to not be pushy or needy and made no demands for formal dates and accepted when he said he was working and had to save money to help with his parents medical bills), I am not on Facebook and I did not get Instagram until I caught him cheating and he blocked me immediately, so it seems odd he would know except my account on instagram is public and I posted a meme about loss and grief of my grandmothers passing. So here through a friend came to find out he just recently has now another instagram account for his new mini cooper, which is how I suspect he knew about my grandmother. What does he want with these messages? He is supposedly happy living his best life married to the woman he cheated with, raising her daughter, spending time with her family, so why in all your bliss and your texting your ex that you cheated on, lied to and abused? What could he possibly expect me to ever say to him?
1
0