Huge ex girlfriend problem, any advise would be great!

For some reason she just won't let go of me as her friend. I've tried to be there for her because I still love her and wanted to make her happy and make her realize that we . I don't think she had any idea I still had feelings for her until last night. I went to visit her and my best friend at their college. I was hoping to get her alone and ask if she'd give me another chance. Unfortunately I never got the chance. After some drinking she started flirting with other guys while we were waiting for a campus bus to take us back to a dorm, this of course made me extremely jealous. Out of nowhere she started to hook up with one of the guys, which set me off and I almost immediately went after him. I pulled her off him and tried to get him to swing at me. Fortunately he backed off and nothing escalated any further. But the damage was done, she knew right then I still loved her, and couldn't watch her hook up with other guys. And I just left. The area embarrassed and hurt like at little bitch. I couldn't even look at her. My best friend is also her best friend so she followed me and left her with their college friends. Although my best friend already knows still in love with her, I completely broke down and just let it all out. She tried to comfort me the best she could, but my night was pretty much ruined. I went home as early as I could the next day, I haven't had any contact with my ex girlfriend since. now I'm an absolute wreck because I don't know what to do. I can't be "just her friend". And for whatever reason she just won't give me another chance, when I never did anything wrong to hurt her. I feel so confused. I'm a d1 rugby player, I'm a finance major at a prestigious university, most girls fling themselves at me, as a matter of fact most of her friends did last night. I don't think ill ever understand why she won't just give me a shot. I want to be over her so bad but right now I just don't see or care about other girls. In my eyes she just perfect in every way. I can't get over her and I don't know how to tell her I can't be around her or if I even have to contact her at all. And my best friend god bless her is stuck in the middle of it because she just wants to help and have no one end up feeling hurt. Any advise on how to handle this would be so helpful. I'm just a f***ing wreck right now.
Huge ex girlfriend problem, any advise would be great!
Add Opinion