What is wrong with my ex? Sociopath?

We were together for 2 years. The first time was back in December. He knew her through mutual friends and they ran into each other at the grocery store one day, then they friended on face book, exchanged numbers and talked for a couple weeks before meeting up for a date. I found out because she and I had a mutual friend and this friend told me what was going on after talking to this other girl. He begged forgiveness showed a lot of remorse and cut off all contact with her and after a month I decided to give him another chance. The second time was a girl in June that he met while out at the bars with friends. It was the same, they exchanged numbers, talked and texted constantly for a couple weeks and then met up for a date. I found out because I went through his phone. He was acting shady (just like with the first one) but wouldn't talk to me and would only get defensive and angry when I tried to confront him. I contacted the other girl to warn her and she decided to stop seeing him as well. What hurt the most this time was being duped for a 2nd time, and his reaction was pure anger at me for contacting the other girl. He did everything in his power to try and repair things with her meanwhile he called me every name in the book and said whatever he could think of that he knew would cut me the deepest. He showed no remorse. I just don't get it... just before the night he met her he was talking about how he wanted to buy a house with me and move in together. We planned and payed for a vacation we were supposed to be on now. He said he was so happy with me and really wanted to plan out a future and everything was good with us. I had just started to trust him again... and then he does this. It was like a light switch being flipped off. To my complete disgust and surprise he tried to come crawling back to me when he couldn't work things out with the other girl. What is wrong with this guy? Of course I said hell no. But who does that? I'm so broken now
What is wrong with my ex? Sociopath?
Add Opinion