Should a man, after break up, have the right to know about a child he helped create and be in the child's life as a father?

So the scenario is like this... A woman dated a man for let's say a year, they break up, she finds out after the break up, and getting with her new man, that she is pregnant and it is her ex's. Should her ex be informed of the child, and be allowed to be a father in that child's life...

Item number 1 to consider... He was never abusive, never on drugs, not a criminal.. They just broke up.

I'm of the mind set that she should be required to inform the father. Fathers have rights, and if he helped create a child he should be in that child's life supporting it and being a father..

This question was inspired by two things, one, I'm a member of TFRM (the fathers rights movement) and support default 50/50 custody. And two, by a comment to someone else's question, I won't mention her name, but I see her as everything wrong with women these days, she sees her body and anything that comes from her body as her property to do as she wishes with. The first part is true, the second part is not.. Below is the comment..

"Wow. Not even open to discussion. Just "I'm right and so everyone else is wrong" it is entirely up to her because if he is an abusive asshole then he shouldn't be in either of their lives. Laws that try to tell a woman what she should and shouldn't do with her body and her children and who should get to know are idiotic and primitive. It should entirely be her choice"

She's of the school of thought that fathers are not equal to mothers... Tell that to the people that committed all but one of the recent mass shootings.. They were from fatherless homes.
Yes fathers are equal to mothers, and should be informed and be able to be a father.
No the children are the sole property of the mother, and the father should only have access at her discretion.
GirlGuy
3 mo
Please note, if you vote either way please have the courage to comment.
3 mo
Another update to cut some confusion, the original poster said there was not abuse in an update, the commenter assumed there was.
4
3