Why is it hard for people to say they don't want them anymore instead of ghosting them?

niyia
So its this guy I used to date for like three and a half months. Everything was going well until he started acting distance. Our conversations don't be as good like they use to. He barely text nor call me. So I told him the problem was and we fixed it. The next day he went right back to it. He be leaving me hanging for days. So when I texted him. He wouldn't answer my text messages but watches my post. Few days later come to find out he blocked me on all my social medias and phone number. I don't know why he did that cause I didn't do anything wrong to him. If he just wanted to break up with me why can't he just say it to my face instead of Leaving me hanging knowing we're still together or something has happened to him 😕.. has this ever happened to you or you done this to someone if so what did you do and why did you do it?
7 mo
And this is the first time a boy had done this to me
9
9