Why did girlfriend dumped me when I needed her most?

We’ve been together for two years. Both of us are in school. She’s working full time but I’m not because I chose to focus on school. She’s been paying her bills and mine and she keeps nagging me to get a job and help pay the bills. I promised her I would but have not been able to keep that promise because of school. I promised that to get her off my back. She thinks she’s sacrificing too much and says she’s getting tired of it. Really all she’s sacrificing is money to buy clothes and shoes and makeup, and go out with friends or get her nails done, all things she could do without. Recently my mom was diagnosed with cancer and she doesn’t have health insurance. So I told my girlfriend that on top of paying my bills and her bills she will also be paying my mom’s medical bills and she dumped me. I couldn’t believe it. Granted she’s been supporting me but I have always loved her and treated her well and all she does is bitch about how she can’t see her friends or go shopping because of me, and now my mom is possibly going to die because my ex girlfriend is being a bitch. And to think I was thinking about marrying this girl. I don’t understand it. You girls complain about gender roles so much yet you want to be the breadwinner and still be supported. My theory is that if a girl is a career oriented bitch she should expect to be with a guy who needs to be taken care of. Bad wife material right there, and she left when I needed her most. Now my heart is breaking because Mom is probably going to die without medical care and the woman I was in love with dumped me. How do I get through this?
Why did girlfriend dumped me when I needed her most?
Add Opinion