I miss my ex and I don't know what to do? I've tried to move on but can't stop thinking about him:( ?

My ex split up with me 3 months ago saying the connection had gone & he doesn't want to hold me back. To me if there's a connection between 2 people its always there. We dated for a year but we were best mates for 2 years b4 we got together. We've always had each others back &told each other things we haven't told any one else. We met at work & he has a new job.
Since we split up, he doesn't get in contact at all but has kept me on social media & always replies when I text him.
I 've spoken to some mates & they have suggested not contacting him at all. Its been 6 weeks now with no contact. I 've tried dating other guys but it doesn't feel right at the mo, so focusing on improving myself. Starting mediating, gymming etc.
I've always had the feeling he'll be back (no sign so far) & 2 separate physic's have stated he'll be back (one of them I didn't even bring up his name - The spirit spelt it out& no one knew about him - public event).
The last week or so his best mate (who I still work with) has been extra nice towards me, despite knowing him the same length of time as my ex - we had our first break together... Sounds weird and i'm prob overthinking but I find it slightly weird his bestie is been extra nice to me. We're also both (ex & I) on a gaming site, despite us both been on it at least a month, we have never played each other / contacted each other via the game. However a few days ago, he sent me a request for some coins he needed... I know its not a huge thing to some but to me he has initiated some contact however basic.
I'm still very hurt & he'll be aware. I know he'll feel guilty & he'll realise at some point that we were good together & the very least I deserve is an honest conversation. But I need to wait.
Inn the meantime, do i continue as I am? He is kinda shy & he has shut people out of his life before but if he wanted nothing at all to do with me, the chance are I wouldn't be on his facebook & he wouldn't reply back to my texts. What do people think?
I miss my ex and I don't know what to do? I've tried to move on but can't stop thinking about him:( ?
Add Opinion