Im in love with a guy that can't communicate?

My boyfriend and I of 2 years and living together just broke up. We have had a strain on our relationship for a couple months because I've been feeling insecure in our relationship because he doesn't express emotions. I would ask him if he loves me and he said yes but he would never just tell me. We definitely have busy lives and didn't get to spend a lot of time together recently. I started asking him frequently if he still loved me or was mad at me or what was wrong. He assured me everything was okay. I kept asking because I was hurting and didn't know why so every few weeks we were back to the same conversation he didn't contribute much to. He would say why do you bring this up and then act like every thing is okay after. I told him I dont see a reason to act angry and upset after telling him what's wrong I just hoped for improvement. So I asked a couple days ago again and he promised he didn't want to break up but we needed to talk and work on things, well I put in a lot of effort and wasn't seeing it back and asked again after and he just got aggravated with me and said this isn't working because I keep bringing it up and am obviously unhappy. I asked if he wanted to break up and to my complete shock he said yes. I was shattered, I just can't believe it after everything. He said his feelings changed and I feel like I just wore him down trying to communicate what I needed. We have 2 different love languages. I made him tell me he wasn't in love with me anymore and that we for sure were never getting back together. I just wanted to get through all the pain. I'm still just left hurting and in disbelief. I feel like I need to accept he just can't make me happy but I loved him so hard and never gave up. I don't know what my question is I just want to hear thoughts... please. We were truly the happiest couple on the planet before this and I have issues with depression that flared up, I feel like he just gave up on me because he just doesn't do emotion at all
Im in love with a guy that can't communicate?
Add Opinion