Why did my ex randomly accuse me of trying to break up his new relationship?

I dated my emotionally abusive ex for three years. Last year we broke up because of an incident where he said he didn't want to see me because we'd already hung out once that week. He was always doing these types of things and anytime I brought up that his behavior was hurtful he'd put the blame on me. It was never his fault, but mine. I finally stood up for myself and we called it off. It's been a year since I spoke to him, and I'm doing amazing! I have a new set of friends and everyone has noticed that I'm a whole lot happier! With that said, I never deleted him off my social media. He wasn't harassing me, so I assumed that'd be fine. Since our breakup, he's found a new relationship and they seem very happy. I don't interact with him at all online, and only see his posts when they pop up on my newsfeed. Out of the blue he texted me to say how terrible I was as a person and that I could be "petty" about him, but he would not allow me to be "petty" about his new relationship and accused me of being out to break-up him and his new girlfriend. Again, I have not talked to him nor interacted with him (or his girlfriend) at all in the past year. I have NO idea why he's reaching out. I decided it was time to delete him from social media because I felt like he was harassing me with false accusations. I guess my question is why? Why reach out and put more blame on me for something I'm not remotely involved in.. Is it just attention-seeking behavior? I'm trying not to let this get to me, but I really just want to know why someone would do that?
1
0