Why am I still hung up on an ex?

In the beginning it was great, and if there was a problem it was that he was a little distant - he told me it was work-stress but I found out that wasn't true. I didn't think anything about it a the time and even tried to be supportive by offering to pick up pizzas occasional. I found out later he was actively cheating on me with an ex of his. At first I didn't know the full extent of it, I just knew he was getting sexy pics from her. He said it was all one way when I asked him about it, but then the truth started coming out and so we talked about communication, how trust was being broken, and so on. He said he wanted to work through it and cried almost all the time when it came up. That strategy started getting weak when it came out that they had starting meeting irl, too, he twisted it all on me - saying it was my fault for not making him feel wanted enough or not "reacting" well to when I first found out about the texts. Everything became my fault. I just didn't respect him anymore with all the lies, and while I couldn't prove he had cheated yet - I just felt like I was settling for less and less of a relationship. He actually thanked me for not wanting therapy but trying to settle this between ourselves first? Had I known the truth, I would have left immediately. Long and the short of it -we couldn't have managed on our own. He blamed me for making him "feel guilty" about things when I tried to put in the time to work on our relationship, and when I suggested a professional, he told me not to bother because "pretending" to be my boyfriend was too much of a bother. After we broke up, I didn't feel "better" but I also didn't feel "worse" - he hadn't been much of a support system when he WAS around and I was going through a hellish time in my life at that period. I just don't get it. I don't want him back, in anyway. I don't respect the guy or even want to be friends with him. I realize that it WASN'T my fault. But I still can't seem to get past the anger. Why?
Why am I still hung up on an ex?
Add Opinion