What should I do about my boyfriend?

+5Xper
My boyfriend and I were together for a year and half, we broke up 4 months ago (cant believe its been that long). My boyfriend was and still is my first love, we had such a deep connection and bond, I honestly couldnt believe I found someone I connected with so well. We werent the perfect couple, but we didn't have any real issues within our relationship except... He is a different race than me (Asian). Which doesn't bother me at all of course, but it seems to be an issue with his family as far as culture, tradition, marriage and kids go. He fought with them on this for a long time and it seemed like they were warming up to the idea of me but then they forced him to break up with me after he failed one of his college courses. They threatened to stop paying for his college if he didn't break up with me. At first he said he wouldn't but then eventually he did because he said he felt like he had no choice, and he knows that the REAL reason why they don't want him with me is ultimately due to my race. He said he wants to be with me but he just can't.

Anyway, he asked me to be friends and I eventually agreed to it because I love him so much and I just know in my heart he is my soul mate... Over these past few months I've been on an emotional roller coaster and struggling with this relationship/friendship. Yes I love him. Yes I want to get back together. Yes I want him in my life... Things have gotten a little better but I still find myself in tears frequently because deep down, Im emotionally scarred and heartbroken over this. And every now and then I ask myself "What am I doing?" because I dont want to be his just friend, I want to be with him. I'm in love with him, how can I just pretend like Im not?

But at the same time, my perception of him has changed. Dumping me over my race.. I can't help but question what kind of person he is and his character, and what kind of people his family are.. What should I do?
What should I do about my boyfriend?
1
1