Would he ever regret cheating on me?

An ex cheated on me when he went to visit his friends for the weekend. I didn’t find out till 2 weeks after the break up when I messaged the other woman... 26 days beforehand I asked him if we were good and if he loved me b/c he was acting strange. He said he was so in love w/ me... His friend hooked him up w/ an older woman while he visited. The friend knows about me... and the woman (30 years old ) rubbed it in my face she slept w/ him... she cut contact w/ him for a week then started hanging out w/ him again.. My mother confronted him before that and talked to him about it when she saw him. He was crying over the fact I told the woman about me & that he hated me for ruining his chance w/ her. He said he never loved me and it was a weight off his shoulders that he left me... I don’t understand why he would do that when I gave him the chance to walk away... I loved him and he knows that. Why be so evil and string someone along... will he ever regret this or will he forever be unbothered?
Would he ever regret cheating on me?
Add Opinion