Why do men break up with women when they’re in love?

My ex ended things with me and he’d planned his whole future with me but one day woke up and changed his mind. At first he was irrational and said nasty things to me, but I gave him 3 weeks and he came back saying he just needs to go work on himself & that we need to go discover who we are as individuals. It seemed ridiculous and out of nowhere because he still said he loved me and that he’s so heartbroken but then would contradict himself with other comments such as “you’re going to do amazing at whatever you do in life” even though he’d only said a few days prior to this “will you move in with me” & talked endlessly about our future (whereas I didn’t really talk about it as much). Why end things to go figure yourself out if you still love me? A week before he said that he told me that no matter where we go he still thought we’d work. It’s all confusing! I don’t think he knows what he wants, but he acted so fine without me but then said he’s had to delete me online to get over me because it hurts him to see my stuff online. So I’m confused! Why break up with someone when you’re in love? And do people like this come back when they’ve figured themselves out?
Why do men break up with women when they’re in love?
Add Opinion