When you break off a relationship with someone who was a friend before, do you keep it a simple goodbye or do you tell them why/how you feel?

Just recently had to break things off in a friends with benefits situation. As it implies he was my friend before but I got the feeling he was no longer interested and just wasn't saying anything, and since that doesn't work for me, I ended it.

My question for you guys is: how do you normally end things? Do you say "it's just not working out anymore but it was fun, goodbye"? (Or something similar obviously). Or, since it's the last time you'll see one another, do you tell them why it's not working anymore and your feelings towards it? I always got the impression that was kinda... I don't know... Not the proper way to do it, but this time around I told him how I felt cause I'm disappointed in having to end it of course, but it was obvious he just wasn't interested anymore.
1
0