Why did he stop talking to me after 8 months?

I had this guy friend and we would text/FaceTime almost everyday then it turned into us hanging out everyday. We tried “talking” but he wasn’t ready for a relationship and neither was I so I told him I wanted to go back to just being friends. So we went back to just being friends we were still hanging out everyday then one day he got a girlfriend and I was a little hurt but okay with it they eventually broke up because they got into a fight over me and he told me that he would never let anyone tell him we can’t be friends. He cMe back home and our friendship was fine. Fast forward to the last day we hung out together we went swimming and I thought everything was fine but the next 5 days I heard nothing from him I texted him everyday and tried to FaceTime him but he didn’t answer. Then he pops up out of nowhere and ask for a ride but I didn’t give it to him and he does the one thing he knows would ruin our friendship. Let me just add he started doing hard drugs. I’m just confused as to why after talking/hanging out everyday for almost 9 months he just decides to cut me off. Like what did I do and why would he do that?
Why did he stop talking to me after 8 months?
Add Opinion