Have you ever benefited from getting "revenge" on an ex?

A bit over-the-top
A bit over-the-top
There are times when a partner betrays you in a way that just puts you into a rage. You want to hurt them in return and make them feel just as bad as you do. I understand the feelings.
But. . . how do you benefit from the revenge, other than maybe feeling better for a brief time? Does revenge undo the fact that they cheated on you? Stole money from you? Told lies about you?

Have you ever gotten revenge on an ex and a year later, you were still happy that you had your revenge? Did you ever feel that getting revenge made you just as low a person as your ex?
Revenge keeps you entangled with your ex instead of moving forward and finding a new partner; maybe that's why some people choose revenge: they don't want to let go!

What is your experience with revenge?
I've never had a partner so I've never had an ex
Vote A
I've had at least one ex but never had any reason to want to seek revenge
Vote B
I've had at least one ex and had a reason to seek revenge, but never did it
Vote C
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I felt worse afterwards
Vote D
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I didn't feel better or worse afterwards. It was wasted effort.
Vote E
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I felt better for awhile, but it wasn't worth it!
Vote F
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, I felt better afterwards, and I'm still glad I did it.
Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Have you ever benefited from getting "revenge" on an ex?
Add Opinion