Have you ever benefited from getting "revenge" on an ex?

A bit over-the-top
A bit over-the-top
There are times when a partner betrays you in a way that just puts you into a rage. You want to hurt them in return and make them feel just as bad as you do. I understand the feelings.
But. . . how do you benefit from the revenge, other than maybe feeling better for a brief time? Does revenge undo the fact that they cheated on you? Stole money from you? Told lies about you?

Have you ever gotten revenge on an ex and a year later, you were still happy that you had your revenge? Did you ever feel that getting revenge made you just as low a person as your ex?
Revenge keeps you entangled with your ex instead of moving forward and finding a new partner; maybe that's why some people choose revenge: they don't want to let go!

What is your experience with revenge?
I've never had a partner so I've never had an ex
I've had at least one ex but never had any reason to want to seek revenge
I've had at least one ex and had a reason to seek revenge, but never did it
Vote C
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I felt worse afterwards
Vote D
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I didn't feel better or worse afterwards. It was wasted effort.
Vote E
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, and I felt better for awhile, but it wasn't worth it!
Vote F
I've had at least one ex, had a reason to seek revenge, did it, I felt better afterwards, and I'm still glad I did it.
Vote G
GirlGuy
14
10