Does this make sense?

It was a very passionate and loving relationship. he was very detached from both me and his family in the last few weeks. He seemed anxious. he told me that he felt that w university starting +work the responsibility of arelationship was simply not something he could fit into his life and that I deserved somebody who could prioritize me. I was very hurt as he had always told me he would never give up. He was crying a lot too and just kept repeating something his dad said, work hard for success first, and then you can afford to make time for a relationship later. He told me his feelings had changed and he wasn’t sure if it was the stress or smthn else. the guilt of not being able to be the same boyfriend as before made him feel like it was no longer the same. He checked in on me the days after, texting or IRL. I asked him if it we just needed a break to sort through this. He agreed that this could be possible and we now have plans to reconnect and discuss after school has started. He made me promise to take care of my wellbeing and I told him how hurt I would be if he were to b with diff girls. He promised that he wouldn’t. He told me that if the timing had been any different things would have been perfect. He told me that when things got sorted he would want to try again. We kissed and we’ve decided to take some time on ourselves for the next while. given the hurtful nature of the things he said (he lost feelings, no more love, etc) am I being naive for thinking this could all be due to stress? I grew very close with him before the breakup I watched him drown within himself and his own self doubt. The amount of tears he cried and the periods of complete detachment from emotion during the break up makes me feel as though he is going through something that runs very deep as he is not normally as emotional. All of the things he said about trying again and how things could have been perfect, is that proof that he knows deep down in his heart that he does love me?
Does this make sense?
Add Opinion