Am I a horrible person for cheating in this situation?

My boyfriend and I had been talking about the option of breaking up, because things had been bad. However, he asked me to wait at least another month because a big event was coming up and he wanted to wait until after. Back then, he didn't know that I had already made up my mind, he thought I was just considering it.

I waited the month as he asked me, we barely saw each other in that time anyways. But in the meantime, I fell in love with someone else. On a drunken night, I slept over at his place (I'd missed my train) and stuff happened. I'm not proud of it and think it was a bad choice.

I've broken up with my boyfriend now, we're friends still. I haven't told him what happened.

Do you think that the situation makes it slightly less terrible? I would never have cheated on any other relationship, but this one was already over... Not saying it's an excuse, just a reason for why it was possible for me to let that happen.
4
0